Terranova Dandelion, Artichoke and Cysteine Complex is a comprehensive botanical supplement to support optimal liver health and function and features a powerfully synergistic MAGNIFOOD COMPLEX. It provides key nutrients and herbs that have been shown in research to have a beneficial influence on the multiple roles that the liver performs, including bile formation, filtration of the blood and phase I and II detoxification.
Vitamin C supplementation is the most cost-effective way of raising glutathione levels, the body’s master antioxidant nutrient. Glutathione is crucial to the conversion of fat-soluble toxins, such as heavy metals, to water soluble compounds that can be excreted via the kidneys.
The combination of antioxidant protection and detoxification makes glutathione a critically important nutrient for cell protection (incidentally low selenium levels inhibit the actions of glutathione and is therefore found within this formulation). Cysteine is also an important precursor to glutathione. Alpha lipoic acid is recognised as a potent antioxidant and recycles other antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E and glutathione. Taurine aids in the production of bile salts that are involved in the breakdown of fatty acids and regulation of cholesterol
MAGNIFOOD COMPLEX features synergistic botanical and wholefood ingredients including:
- DANDELION ROOT is reported to help maintain healthy liver function primarily due to the encouragement of bile flow which may inhibit the accumulation of certain toxins in the liver.
- TURMERIC ROOT (and the curcuminoids found within turmeric root) has been heavily researched for their powerful antioxidant properties, which is especially significant considering the destructive effect of free radicals on liver health.
- ARTICHOKE LEAF has been shown in studies to help maintain healthy bile flow and offer protection against free radical damage to the liver, while possibly supporting proper liver cell regeneration.
- SCHISANDRA BERRY offers considerable antioxidant protection and can play a beneficial role in promotion of both Phase I and a Phase II detoxification processes in the liver.
- SEA BUCKTHORN BERRY/LEAF contains a powerful mix of naturally-occurring phytonutrient antioxidants which possess liver- supportive properties.
- GREEN TEA LEAF is a rich source of catechins – a major source of antioxidant polyphenols – which in research have shown a potent inhibitory effect against lipid oxidation. This is especially significant given that oxidised hepatic fats have a particularly adverse influence on liver health.
- KALE contains the major sulphur-rich antioxidants, sulforaphane and indole-3- carbinol, which may encourage the healthy elimination of various toxins that are known to be harmful to the liver.
- GREEN BARLEY GRASS provides a range of potent antioxidant enzymes which inhibit lipid oxidation and support healthy liver detoxification.
- STABILIZED RICE BRAN is a rich source of more than 100 known antioxidants, many of which have been studied for their crucial role to liver health. These include tocotrienols, tocopherols, alpha lipoic acid (which also recycles antioxidants such as vitamins C and E), coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) and numerous carotenoids. It also is shown to possess activity of the antioxidant enzymes superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase.
Each capsule contains:
Taraxacum campylodes G.E.Haglund (dandelion root – fresh freeze dried & powdered) 100 mg;
Curcuma longa L. (turmeric root – fresh freeze dried & powdered) 75 mg;
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 75 mg (as calcium ascorbate 50 mg and magnesium ascorbate 49 mg);
Cynara scolymus L. (artichoke leaf – fresh freeze dried & powdered) 62,5 mg;
Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill. (schisandra berry air dried & powdered) 50 mg;
L-Cysteine 37,5 mg;
Elaeagnus rhamnoides (L.) A.Nelson (sea buckthorn berry/leaf – fresh freeze dried & powdered) 25 mg;
Camellia sinensis (L.) Kuntze (green tea leaf dried and powdered) 25 mg;
Brassica oleracea L. (kale leaf – fresh freeze dried & powdered) 25 mg;
Hordeum vulgare L. (green barley grass – fresh freeze dried & powdered) 25 mg;
Oryza sativa L. (stabilised, air dried & powdered rice germ and bran) 25 mg;
Alpha-lipoic acid 10 mg;
Taurine 10 mg (20 mg);
Larix occidentalis Nutt. – arabinogalactan (larch tree dried and powdered bark & resin) 2,75 mg;
Selenium (as selenomethionine) 12,5 µg
Indications: Supports liver health including detoxification, function and protection. Supports healthy cholesterol levels. Contributes to a healthy skin.
Recommended use: Adults: Take 1 or 2 capsules daily with food.
Supplement facts: Capsules per container: 50
- GMO free
- Gluten free
- Sugar free
- Artificial additive and excipient free
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Contraindications: Hypersensitivity (allergy) to any of the ingredients.
Warnings and special precautions: Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding unless on the advice of a healthcare practitioner. If taking prescribed medication, consult a physician before using this product. Do not exceed stated dose unless directed by a healthcare practitioner. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. For more details, please see the Patient Information Leaflet.
Category D: Health supplement
This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.