Ideally, children should get their vitamins from a balanced, healthy diet, however, health practitioners may recommend a daily multivitamin or mineral supplement for children who due to eating habits, poor diets, or medical conditions.
In healthcare, “children” are usually classified as between the ages of 2 -11 years old. When children are under 2 years, they are considered “infants”.
Ideally, children should get their vitamins from a balanced, healthy diet, however, health practitioners may recommend a daily multivitamin or mineral supplement for children who:
· Aren’t eating regular, well-balanced meals made from fresh, whole foods
· Are finicky eaters who simply aren’t eating enough
· Have chronic medical conditions such as asthma or digestive problems, especially if they’re taking medications.
· Eat a lot of fast food, convenience food, and processed food
· Follow a vegetarian or vegan diet (they may need an iron supplement), a dairy-free diet (they may need a calcium supplement), or other restricted diets.
· Drink a lot of carbonated sodas, which can leach vitamins and minerals from their bodies.
The Phytoceutics Children’s health range includes a variety of high-quality, and highly researched products you can trust to support the optimal health of your child.
For ease of reference herewith a list of references for you to consult for more information: