Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a magical mix of nutrients, something you could take that would optimise your health? A kind of safeguard against deficiencies and the diseases that accompany them? This is what food technologists try to achieve when multivitamin and mineral combination products are ideated, however, it’s easier said than done.
Whole foods contain a bouquet of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and other phytochemicals – all of which work together in synergy to ensure bioavailability and absorption. Any nutrient you consume goes through a multitude of biochemical steps before it is utilized by the body and each step is usually dependent on other nutrients and the presence of enzymes that require even more nutrients to function. This being said, it is easy to understand that consuming nutrients in isolation may not be as effective as consuming them in conjunction with the other nutrients present in the food from which they are derived.
Terranova Life Drink is enhanced with its own synergistic complex of botanicals and phytonutrient rich foods, called MAGNIFOOD. MAGNIFOOD ingredients include plants, fruits, vegetables, herbs and botanicals which are combined in a manner that support the body’s biochemical environment in order to maximize the potential benefits of the vitamins, minerals and/or other nutrients.
Many of the wholefoods used in MAGNIFOOD are fresh freeze dried which means they are as close as you can get to the fresh-picked plant, but with the additional advantage that everything is concentrated in the same balance and proportions that nature put into the plant. Fresh freeze dried superfoods retain virtually 100% of the original chemistry that the plant contained when it was fresh – even the plant’s highly sensitive enzymes.
Terranova’s MAGNIFOOD complexis unique in that it is specifically designed to enhance absorption, bioavailability, utilization, activity, stability, function and the effect of the product‘s nutrients.
Terranova’s Life Drink (containing the MAGNIFOOD complex) provides an energising foundation which includes the following ingredients:
- 10 potent and enzymatically active freeze-dried green foods. These provide a multitude of vitamins, minerals, and active phytonutrients (plant-nutrients) that help to stimulate the body’s internal defense mechanisms by activating hundreds of protective genes (Kubo, et al. 2017).
- 10 different berries, ranging from purples and blues right through to oranges and reds. These ensure that a broad range of antioxidants are found in Terranova’s Life Drink.
- Rice and pea protein, which together provide a balanced protein with a complete amino acid profile.
- A combination of vegan sources of essential fatty acids to provide a balanced ratio of Omega 3, 6 and 9 (Simopoulos & DiNicolantino, 2016).
- Organic spirulina and chlorella which offer high levels of chlorophyll and carotenoids (beneficial antioxidants) as well as a variety of vitamins and minerals.
- Reishi and Shiitake mushrooms which are included for their ability to support immune function (Mallard, et al. 2019).
- 5 researched strains of probiotics and a blend of digestive enzymes which have been added to support digestion and the absorption of these superfoods.
Terranova Life Drink is a multi-award-winning powder that’s deeply nourishing and intensely synergistic. It has been designed with the intelligence of nature in mind and combined with modern technology to deliver a solid nutritional foundation from which to optimize your health.
Bhatta, S., Stevanovic Janezic, T., & Ratti, C. (2020). Freeze-Drying of Plant-Based Foods. Foods (Basel, Switzerland), 9(1), 87. https://doi.org/10.3390/foods9010087
Kubo, E., Chhunchha, B., Singh, P., Sasaki, H., & Singh, D. P. (2017). Sulforaphane reactivates cellular antioxidant defense by inducing Nrf2/ARE/Prdx6 activity during aging and oxidative stress. Scientific reports, 7(1), 14130. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-14520-8
Mallard, B., Leach, D. N., Wohlmuth, H., & Tiralongo, J. (2019). Synergistic immuno-modulatory activity in human macrophages of a medicinal mushroom formulation consisting of Reishi, Shiitake and Maitake. PloS one, 14(11), e0224740. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0224740
Simopoulos, A. P., & DiNicolantonio, J. J. (2016). The importance of a balanced ω-6 to ω-3 ratio in the prevention and management of obesity. Open heart, 3(2), e000385. https://doi.org/10.1136/openhrt-2015-000385